Skip to content

Color Your World

One Single Impression has the prompt of color. In consideration of this spring almost tanka:

dad’s brown garden
still, the only green is
the plastic tomato stakes –
dad, my world’s row marker
sleeps days indoors.

btw, it’s Billy the Blogging poet’s Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere election time. would you vote for rob mclennan? (listed as Rob McLennan, halfway down). Who does more for engaging and connecting the communities of poets thru his blog, and even posts occasional poems of his own…

Related posts:

1. Doing Things Promptly Yesterday was mildly insane productive with 19 poems, most of which were utter shite underachievements but still could be pillaged for words or phrases. Because I am insane like a...
  2. World Poetry Day Happy World Poetry Day! Its purpose is to “give fresh recognition and impetus to national, regional and international poetry movements.” Write and read at every level. The poem a few...

Categories: Uncategorized.

Comment Feed

12 Responses

1. Colors of Life

This is an exquisite poem. Just exquisite.

AnonymousApril 23, 2008 @ 8:01 pm
  2. forgot to leave my name up above. Raven from Raven’s Nest: http://ravensviews.blogspot.com/2008/04/one-single-impression-color.html

AnonymousApril 23, 2008 @ 8:03 pm
  3. Good poem. I know lots of gardeners like this!

AnonymousApril 23, 2008 @ 9:52 pm
  4. One Single Impression: Colors

My father was a gardener who now spends much of his time indoors. I can feel this one!
    Sandy Carlson
    Writing in Faith: Poems

AnonymousApril 24, 2008 @ 9:03 am
  5. comment from watermaid

‘Dad, my world’s row marker’ sounds wistful’. Yours is the only haiku or tanka I’ve read where colour is absent.

Carole (watermaid)

AnonymousApril 24, 2008 @ 3:32 pm
  6. Re: comment from watermaid

um, brown, green?

7. Re: One Single Impression: Colors

Thanks Sandy.

8. Thanks Raven.

9. Re: comment from watermaid

What I was trying to say was that most people have gone for vivid colour. Of course there are, as you say, two colours, but the display of colour everyone else has majored on, has yet to happen. It was the ‘still the only green’ that I was going on. This was meant as a compliment not a criticism – it’s good to have a different angle – subdued colour. Hope that makes sense.

AnonymousApril 24, 2008 @ 3:53 pm
  10. Re: comment from watermaid

ah, I see. yes, I get you now. Thanks for clarifying, Carole.

11. tanka

This one speaks volumes in just a few lines. A whole story therein. Marvelous. Quietpaths.com

AnonymousApril 25, 2008 @ 3:33 pm
  12. color

..ur poem,along with the comments above are good reading.thanks for this and the visit.

AnonymousApril 25, 2008 @ 10:44 pm

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.