Wow, is that a gorgeous cover or what? It’s by Chris Patchel, with Frogpond under the new editorship of Francine Banwarth.
I haven’t dove in yet but look forward to it. Here’s a senryu that popped by Patty Hardin
afraid of her
afraid of her
Isn’t that exactly how repetition isn’t redundant. I like the ambiguity in reading it if the turn is after line 2, or after L1’s “of”. Is it that fear is contagious and someone who is afraid of everything causes other people to shy away, afraid of catching that. Does even her own shadow quake at her temper? I like the psychology look, the empathy. Is someone fierce someone who externalizes fear to gain control and power so her anger is actually fear?
I’m behind in my reading stack with this being newest in on top of:
- Emergency Hallelujah (2008, Mansfield) surreal and beautiful elegant poems by Jason Heroux which on finishing I immediately set out on re-reading.
- Parapagus by Roland Prevost (2012, above/ground) on a paper stock with layout that brings it all up a professional notch. The poem series shift in a coherent bundle along different subjects than past chapbooks
- Cutting Room by Sarah Pinder (2012, Coach House),
- The Politics of Knives by Jonathan Ball (2012, Coach House)
- The Lease by Mathew Henderson (2012 Coach House) [all 3 of which were door prizes passed along at the AB Series Christmas Party]
- Memorie by Elelyn H.C. Johnson (2009, Chiefswood) of the sister of Pauline Johnson
- Words on a Page by Doris Hedges (1949, Ryerson) [via the Black Squirrel Bookstore]
- The Veiled Doorway by Steve Dalachinsky (2012, unarmed)
- Unarmed, issue #65
- A Web of Holes by Shannon Maguire (2012, above/ground) also a lovely design. the chapbook will launch this Saturday with Parapagus.
- Parlor by Sarah Mangold (2012, above/ground)
- Poem Beginning with a line by Pinder by rob mclennan (2012, above/ground)
- Former and Current Poets Tree reading series is something of an open university between the Tree Seed Workshops looking into craft and performance, and the regular Schrödinger’s Poet Readings where someone pays tribute to...
- Look who’s coming to paper… above/ground subscriptions look appetizing for 2012: There are a whole bunch of publications in the works for 2012, including new publications by Rae Armantrout, derek beaulieu, Sarah Mangold, j/j hastain,...
- Pivot Readings Pivot Readings at the Press Club Featuring Jon Paul Fiorentino, Pearl Pirie and Carolyn Smart Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8 p.m. at the Press Club 850 Dundas Street West PWYC....