I’ve decided to focus on reading more paper, less online.
So here’s the start of Books Read in 2013 from the 95 books in a year idea. The first 10 I’m finished, the others I’m still reading.
- Day and Night: Poems by Dorothy Livesay (Oolichan Books, 1944, 2011)
- Life in a Medieval City by Frances and Joseph Gies
- Still: (to be) Perpetual by Matthew Cooperman (dovetail, 2007)
- Cleo & the salamander by Amanda Earl (le Temps des Cerises, 2012)
- Newspaper Blackout by Austin Keon (Harper, 2010)
- Memoirs by Evelyn H.C. Johnson (Chiefswood, 2009)
- The Wild Braid: A poet reflects on a century in the garden by Stanley Kunitz (Norton, 2005)
- English Montreal Poetry of the Seventies, edited by Andre Farkas and Ken Norris (Véhicule Press, 1977)
- Methodist Hatchet by Ken Babstock (Anansi, 2011)
- Conflict by Christine McNair (BookThug, 2012)
- Agony by Steve Zultanski (BookThug, 2012)
- Warrior Poet: A biography of Audre Lorder by Alexis de Veaux (Norton, 2004)
- Pauline Johnson: Her Life and Work by Marcus van Steen (Hudder & Stoughton, 1965)
I’m thinking I’ll post the done list at the end of each month. But here’s to a start…
And here are others who do 13 Thursdays.
- First small press fair of 2013 span-o (the small press action network – ottawa) will present the ottawa small press book fair, spring 2013 edition on June 15 in room 203 of the Jack Purcell Community...
- Former and Current Poets Tree reading series is something of an open university between the Tree Seed Workshops looking into craft and performance, and the regular Schrödinger’s Poet Readings where someone pays tribute to...
- The Robert Kroetsch Award Shortlist Snare books announced the shortlist today. We are: – Jason Christie on his book Canada Post – Victor Enns‘ book Lucky Man – Christine McNair at ditch, – Amanda Earl...